Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Cool Wall (Part 4)

This week's cool wall entry is a variation of our favourite 'let's tell everyone what I'm doing/need to do in my msn/facebook status'.

It's the To-do list wall.


Obviously the problem with it being written on public space is that its open to various suggestions from your neighbours. I'm referring to the kitten and the 'have me'. I hope those notes are in no way related to that girl from part 1 of this series (http://davidatberkeley.blogspot.com/2009/09/cool-wall-part-1.html) - but I think they are.

Anyway, the wall version isn't nearly as bad as the msn/facebook status. I may step on some toes here but seriously: we DON'T want to know how many exams you've done and how many you have left - we're all studying for exams so I'm pretty sure everyone else has their own to worry about. Tick 'em off in your diary if it makes you feel better.

This week's bonus: no it's not another wall. It's a preview of something that I will hopefully be blogging about later - the food in the land of the FAT. We'll start off here with something I would eat, anytime.

Buffalo steak. (The smaller piece is lamb. I wanted lamb too, it's not popular at all here.)

Cave man diet

So I had massive red meat cravings over the weekend which I had to satisfy. There are no decent steakhouses in Berkeley so I had to do it my way. I put on my Rambo gear, went to Yosemite national park and killed a wild boar (buffalo) with a handmade spear after taking down the park warden's helicopter with a rock and a solid right arm throw. I also saved an entire village of malnourished Thai rice farmers with my bow and arrow. Oh and on my way back I punched someone's head off.

Seriously though, I really wanted to try some US game meat and buffalo was the easiest to get my hands on. And yes Mum, Kristy, Phil and Sas: I was also keen on making sure I hadn't forgotten how to cook.


The small I-house kitchen for resident use.

Damn I can't wait for Rambo 5.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1206885/

1 comment:

  1. *Like* your homecooked rambo meal
    and double *like* your call on the FB statuses! =O

    ReplyDelete