Sunday, August 30, 2009

Welcome to the I-House





After one week in Berkeley I finally got to move into my permanent place at the I-House, which is just 7 minutes down the road. In fact the location is awesome. It's up the top of campus and with a bike (which I have now bought) it's all of 2 minutes downhill to the RSF aka THE gym. Coming back uphill after smashing the squats is a different story. I usually pit stop at one of the many awesome food joints along the way.

Anyway, this whole week was pretty much full of orientation activities, which I haven't got any pictures of. Instead you can have a look at the pics of my new room, which is quite a lot smaller than what I had in Stern. At the time my roommate hadn't arrived yet, so I shotgunned corner desk, bottom bunk, and the top drawers and shelves everywhere. It's still like that now, but that's cause my room mate Michael is a nice guy.

Oh and speaking about the bike, at first myself and Edgar (another guy looking for a bike) were directed to a shady 2nd hand dealer known as Kareem. Well after talking to some locals it turns out that Kareem gets stolen bikes, files off their serial numbers and sells them for like $200. He tried to sell me a rusty piece of shit without pedals and a seat. Wanker. Now I've gotten an awesome beast off craigslist, and I'm allowed to hoon around without a helmet cause I'm over 18. So yes, there are some privileges for being 18+ in the US, just not ones that count for much.

No comments:

Post a Comment