Sunday, August 30, 2009

San Fran - Trip 2






This time I went in with a whole bunch of people from the I-House. We got guided by a couple of the Americans. Checked out Girardelli Square (famous chocolates) and of course the Golden Gate Bridge. We walked across that, and it was so cold. Apparently the bridge is so high that many people who commit or attempt to commit suicide by jumping off it actually change their minds halfway down their fall. They know this by the analysis of their corpses, they can tell from the way their legs/hips/ribs/arms broke that they were trying desparately to readjust their body into a favourable shape to survive the impact. This interests me a lot (especially since Phil got me into Dexter). We dropped a banana peel, I've got a video somewhere, and it took about 6 seconds to fall, which is definitely enough time to change your mind.

I was also craving lamb, so for lunch I got lamb at the Italian restaurant we went to. Unfortunately I'm 99% sure they served me beef and tried to fake it. Fuckers!

The other awesome thing we went to was that extremely steep road. The picture up there doesn't do it justice. I've got more pictures (I'll upload ALL the pictures I have onto a slideshow on this blog and/or facebook) where you can see the gradient. At some points its almost 45 degrees, which is crazy. Excel 1st gear would not make it up there. The road has to curve back on itself every few metres to make it drivable. This thing would be way harder than Jacob's Ladder.

No comments:

Post a Comment