Sunday, August 30, 2009

San Fran - Trip 1






First weekend in Berkeley I went down with a couple of grad students from Turkey to check out San Fran. Went to Union Square, the huge Westfield and China Town. Westfield is pretty damn big, and the US department stores are just on a whole new level compared to DJ's and Myer. There's Macy's, Nordstrom and Bloomingdale's.

Oh I also saw District 9 that weekend - which I thought was a dope movie. But theatres in Berkeley absolutely suck. I'm talking Hoyts Southland quality, but with smaller screens and fatter people to sit next to. OK I'm kidding the people are fine (except for one drunk asshole) but yeah the theatres aren't crash hot. Although I did see Inglorious Basterds last night at the hippie theatre, where the cinema operators actually come out in person and stand in front of the seats and welcome you to the theatre.

Anyway didn't really get to see much of SF this weekend since we didn't go with any locals but it was still fun. Oh, the department stores have CURVED escalators. No way, I know all you civil engineers just got a migraine.

No comments:

Post a Comment