Friday, September 11, 2009

Are you smarter than an.....American?

We've all heard of 'Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader?'. And we are all aware of how appalling the general knowledge and IQ of some US citizens. But someone finally did it. Yes I've had some bad ones so far, like someone arguing with me over Steve Irwin's nationality (he's British apparently, and no it is not too soon anymore). Of course you all remember the cheerleaders.

But this one is unforgivable. It must be brandished all over the web. OK my blog will do.

Today in Chem lab, after people got curious over my accent, I quickly explained I was from Australia. Then my lab partner said something to me. It went something like this:

Me: Yeah, I'm from Australia.
Lab Partner (she can remain anonymous for now): Oh ok, that's so cool!

5 minutes later...

Lab Partner: So do they speak English where you're from?

1 comment:

  1. D'oh... Did you hear about how american school kids couldn't understand what Julia Gillard was saying and asked we spoke English here?

    ReplyDelete