Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Act One: The Finale

This is it, my last post from Berkeley. It's been a long, but extraordinary semester. I won't even bother trying to sum it up, firstly, because I wouldn't be able to do it any sort of justice, secondly, because the journey is far from over, but mainly, because I have 5 minutes until my last exam.

Before I say my last few words, I want to thank everyone for the birthday wishes. Every single one I read shortened the gap between Berkeley and Perth. Thanks to Mum, Dad, Dan & Damien - you don't need me to say why (no it's not just the card). Alright, I'm going to stop before this turns into an Halle Berry Oscar speech (why couldn't Kanye have been there to stop her?)

Phil and Sas just arrived in San Francisco yesterday, and I'm going to go see them as soon as I smash this last one. I think seeing them is just going to remind me of all of you back home, and seriously I cannot wait to come back to Perth, catch up, and swap stories (I know I must've missed out on a fair few good ones with all those 21sts happening).

OK to be perfectly honest, I can wait just this one extra month, because it promises to be something truly epic. Cruising the North American continent, we ethnically, culturally, and gender diverse threesome are gonna' wreck havoc.

So from here on in, whenever I can I'll come online and post up a few short comments, update you guys on where the hell we are, and throw up a few pictures.

Thank you all for reading this - whether it was just one stupid post that someone else made you read, or whether you've been in this from the start to finish. Cheers for coming along on the ride, I only wish you guys could've been here with me.

Alright, enough sentimentality. Next stop: Vegas. Ballin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment